Probate & Estate Administration Services from A.A. Holmes Solicitors
Dealing with the death of a relative is a very emotional and difficult time. The administration of a loved one’s estate can be stressful and extremely time consuming and trying to handle such matters whilst grieving can be very challenging.
The probate process can be complicated and what often appear to be straight forward at the outset can prove to be quite the reverse. Our Partner, Kate Perry, has many years of experience in handling this delicate situation.
During the administration process it will be necessary to:-
- Obtain professional and date of death valuations for all assets within the estate
- Apply for a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration where there is no Will
- Prepare and submit tax returns for income tax and inheritance tax
- Request and recover all of the estate assets
- Distribute the estate assets strictly in accordance with the terms of the Will
Deeds of Variation can be prepared where all of the beneficiaries within the Will are agreeable to altering the terms of the Will. Reasons for preparing a Deed of Variation could include: adding a beneficiary to the Will/tax planning for the beneficiaries of the Will.
Our Private Client Partner, Kate Perry, offers expert advice in Estate Administration and Probate Applications. She understands the need for delicacy, compassion and professionalism when assisting clients at this emotional and difficult time. She has over 15 years of experience working within this area of the law.